Rhodri Morgan said in his 'Ask Rhodri' session on Wednesday said that Taxi Drivers in Cardiff and Newport should have 10 interesting things to tell tourists visiting the Cities, so here's a few to start feel free to add your own ideas in the comments section.
- The world's first Million Pound Deal was struck in the Coal Exchange in Cardiff Ba.y
- Cardiff University has 2 Nobel Prize Winners.
- Cardiff was given City Status in 1905 by King Edward VII and Capital City Status was given in 1955.
- Its home to the only non English Team Cardiff City to win the FA Cup.
- Doctor Who and Torchwood are filmed in Cardiff.
- Cardiff is home of the Millennium Stadium and Senedd Building.
- Famous Cardiffians are singer Shirley Bassey, actor Matthew Rhys and Comedian/Singer Frank Hennessey.
- Newport is Wales's youngest City being given City status in 2002 to mark the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
- Its home to Transporter Bridge built in Edwardian times which spans the River Usk.
- Newport's Westgate Hotel was the scene of famous Chartists uprising in 1839.
- Nearby Caerleon is home to Roman Military Fort, Baths and amphitheatre.